Monday, March 8, 2010

the project

What a wonderful way to start my week! I've been wanting to create my own blog for a long time but somehow never managed to. The thought of it has always been overwhelming and scary and still is but I have finally convinced myself that putting together a collection of favourite recipes, pictures, art, words and thoughts would be a wonderful way of sharing experiences and escaping the every day, the routine...A bit like a daily mood board of myself!
When I saw an article about a flower grower and his family in one of my favourite magazines, this month, I just wished I could swap it all for a life in the country. What is it about the countryside (and its beautiful colours and flowers) that catches my soul? It's almost like poetry for me, I get completely enchanted by it...I think the silence would appeal to me and I would probably never get enough of it!
I would love to collect some real life stories - recipes, words etc. - from people that have left the city for the country and loved every minute of it in the process. Once I've collected them I'd like to make them into a book and publish them. I think most of us who live in the city - most of the time - loose sight of what is really important in life and rather concentrate on the things "we want" but that do not necessarily make us happy. If you know what I mean..!?
Of course I'm not a "bloody fool" and I'm aware of the fact that life in the country it's not all dreamy - it's actually not dreamy at all for that matter - but what I'm trying to get at is the fact that although people work harder and longer and do not have the hundreds of shops and many facilities that we have in the city, they seem to enjoy life a lot more, or perhaps I should say "the simple and healthy things in life" - like growing their own fruit, veggies and herbs for example.
So keeping all these elements into considerations I'd like to go ahead with my dream of starting a collection of experiences. I know it will probably take me a lot of time and effort to start and put the collection together but I know it will be a great experience, one that will teach me a great deal about life and family in general and also about myself. Of course everyday will represent a new challenge and big or small I would like to think that I'll be up for it. After all it's the challenges in life that make us who we are.
As I approach and start taking a few steps on the side, I can see that the road ahead of me is long but of course it's just what I expected it to be. "...Surrounded by the bush I can hear the wind and see the trees dancing along to that melody, it's a beautiful and relaxing feeling and - if I may say - incredibly rewarding."

No comments:

Post a Comment