Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Monday and everything starts all over again

Yes, its Monday. Not always my favourite time of the week but on the other end I do like fresh starts and new beginnings so...why not? I think the best way to approach it, is to...look forward to it! No, I'm not mad and yes I really mean it. I know Monday is Monday and it will never be Friday but I also know - I've learnt my lesson - that it's okay to relax and embrace some of its energy which will hopefully allow me to focus on the rest of my week and be prepared to delegate, allocate, scream, laugh, cry and...all other things in between.
It's not an easy task but it can be achieved easily if planned ahead.
It does help to have a few other plans on the side, just in case something happens. We all know what it's like to deal with work, families and kids! You never know what's behind the corner!
So, get on top of your week and make Monday your best friend - it will be your secret and believe me, it will be worth it!
Some shortcuts might help to. And my recipe below is just an example of course!

Here is my "Monday spaghetti" recipe.

500 gr. Spaghetti
1 tin chopped or crushed tomatoes
half jar of pesto
olive oil, fresh oregano, 1 shallot

For the sauce, heat the oil and shallot in frying pan, add tomatoes and cook on high for five minutes. Add oregano and pesto and mix. Cook for another few minutes then turn flame off. Cook the spaghetti according to packet and when done pour sauce in and mix. Add parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy!

And never forget that life is about being happy on the inside and enjoy each moment of the day no matter which day of the week that might be. Because - and I'm quoting someone else here - "happiness is not a destination but a journey".

No comments:

Post a Comment